Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Don't Fret - Nothing's Changed

The sun peaked in through the bedroom window, but it wasn't stillness that flooded my senses. I woke up with a start listening to donk, donk, donk on our roof. It's an old roof with moss growing overtop the cedar shakes and those darned warblers were up on top of it doing heaven knows what. Dancing a tiny claw-footed jig? Smashing bird-like tennis balls into the roof? Taunting me and stressing me out, that's what.

My girlies are plumb worn out and I feel like those lovely little yellow birds right over their peacefully sleeping heads were soon going to pull out megaphones and shout, "Hey Girls! Get up and out of bed! Who needs any sleep?"

Naturally I raced into the yard in my horrible, dated nightgown, waving my arms and whisper yelling at the birds on top of the roof. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked back towards the neighbour's house and realize, "this is the thing people get committed for. They are going to call my husband and have me certified looney tune."

Luckily, the birds flew away and I snickered to myself while I poured my coffee, I knew that it pays to just be crazy. You can do what you want and folks don't bother you so much.

Allow me to highlight some of weirdest moments, in no particular order, from the past week.

-Enlist thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches - immediately grab camera, leave the children alone in the house and head outside. Perfectly normal.

-Write List B, that includes reference to List A, to pack for trip to Saskabush. A body can never have too many lists (or pack enough Lysol wipes.)

-Realize it got bad when those Lysol wipes were packed lovingly beside a can of WD-40 in my big ol' satchel. A person can't be too prepared. I cover all the lists and am always prepared. A girl scout, really.

-Call up every possible disaster known to mankind to put the fear of Germs & The City into my kids, because folks, we are staying in a mo-tel (please imagine most hillbilly accent possible on Canadian prairie kids.)  After said list is cited off, follow with a cheerful hearted, "but children! You can do anything and go anywhere you set your minds to!"

-Write list of weird moments to share with the world.  Is this why blogging is awkward?

Wishing you the happiest of days today.



"I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane."
-WJ



No comments:

test
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...