Saturday, September 10, 2011

Out on the Prairie

It's Kids Day in Russia around here again.

The enthusiasm from every childhood Christmas is encompassed in a  Fisher Price Kitchen that some dear friends have lent us for our little girls to play with. We chuckled over the fact that those little girls would shout out the plastic window above the sink, "whoo hoo, supper time!" Hoping this might encourage my daughter's domesitc skills and waiting for the day she might shout out the window, "come for supper," I was sadly mistaken.


Listening to this wild little prairie girl play happily at her kitchen first thing in the morning, I hear her shout out the window of that kitchen, "I SEE 'EM! I see coyotoes! Get 'em!" Biting my lip, I peaked out her window that faces directly against the wall, "I don't see anything." Seconds later she shouts out again, "It's a badger, get a gun!" Egads! Keep this kid away from fish and feathers. This little lady doesn't know a thing about a fancy zoo that has giraffes and elephants, but she'll gladly tell you about a red tailed hawk, deer, and yes ladies, a badger.



Relaying this story to my Momma, she commented how this little hungabee will be talking crazy talk on her first day of Kindergarten. I reminded her that I volunteered for a few years in our little local school's kindergarten and I had absolutely no concerns. Consistenly on the first day of school, there was some little boy who would pee out in the playpark during recess and we would have to explain that this isn't the farm and they needed to ask to go in to the bathroom.

 Oh, livin out on the prairie...




21 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I love her already, and have never even met her! My kind of kiddo! Enjoy her momma! As I am sure you do

Deb said...

That is so funny! Kids say the darndest things.

Shirley said...

Out of the mouths of babes....

mikki roo said...

She is just too adorable!! Love her :)

NaomiG said...

Ah, that last picture is pure loveliness.

Your daughter is SO funny and cute! I love it-my girls are like that too. They can't wait till their first hunting trip with their dad. And they practice their elk calls daily.

Airplane said...

LOVE this! She is beautiful Cheyenne!!

LindaG said...

Haha. Sounds like daughter was just repeating what she hears coming from the kitchen. ;)

I'm sure she'll be helping you in the kitchen in no time! :)

Unknown said...

I shared this with my husband and we were both cracking up!! Have a great night!!

By the way, your daughter is adorable.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Adorable! and love that last shot.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Made me chuckle... so very cute!!

Grandma K said...

There is nothing like it is there!

Beautiful photography Cheyenne!

Crystal said...

Sounds like she is a charecter! And a good imagination too. I can only imagine what teachers from the city think of farm kids at school.

Anonymous said...

Love this post!

Jenn Jantz said...

Lady! You MADE MY DAY!! I am rolling around (well, not quite but almost!!)
laughing!! She is HILARIOUS!!!
Makes me lonesome♥
and the dress, its as adorable as I thought it would be on her :)
xo

Anonymous said...

chyenne that is sooo cute!!! that so much reminds me of younger years with my sisters... playing lego til i won't say how old we were...;) building forts and teepees out in the trees and just simply being farm girls... oh how i miss those good ole days!! There's nothing wrong with raising a little girl to know the good old prairies!!! Actually they/we are the lucky ones:) take care of those little munchkins and we'll stop by soon! Sue

Prairie Sue said...

I'm so glad you are writing down all these stories... great memory makers!
And did you make her dress? Nice!

Rach said...

Cheyenne I totally love it!! Your little girl is maybe her daddy's girl??!! I can just see my Boy #1 doing that same thing in kindergarten & then laughing about it. Yikes. & now I have THREE of these skunks!! What will we ever do with them?? & how will we get them to grow up to be nice gentlemen?? Somedays I wonder... Take care...

Anonymous said...

Chey I have retold this little tale a bunch of times and I am still chuckling over it!! Love love love it.
Steph

Suzie Salmon said...

I didn't grow up on the prairie, but we were definitely wild children who were left to "sprout and grow" quite often. I think it fuels the imagination and serves for inspiration to grab each opportunity to live life to the fullest. I can only imagine how wonderful your children will be when the grow up!!! Wild coyotes, badgers, and all :)

Anonymous said...

One time I went to visit a friend with 5 little girls. One had a rope tied around another's waist who was crawling around on the floor. I laughed when I found out they were playing "sick calf".

Anonymous said...

Wow... that sunset is spectacular!

test
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...